Analysis and Tests – Addison’s Disease
“How would I know its Addison’s malady?”
Research center examinations could be utilized to distinguish whether the cortisol hormone levels are low in the blood and from that point to focus the reason for the same.The regular tests that are carried out include:
- Blood tests: To measure serum Sodium, Potassium, Cortisol and ACTH levels.
- Acth Stimulation test – This test measures the ascent in serum Cortisol levels after an infusion of ACTH. ACTH is a hormone created by the pituitary organ and it animates the adrenal organ to create its hormones.
- X-beam of guts – To discover calcium stores in the adrenals.
- CTsweep of midriff – This might be utilized to catch variations from the norm of the adrenal organs.
- CT sweep or MRI of Pituitary – This may be obliged if the patient has been diagnosed with Secondary Addison’s malady.